Prolonged or frequent hospitalizations, diseases, old age, injury, disabilities, emotional problems, loss and others can lead to decreased physical function. Also, recovery after an injury to your hand, wrist, elbow or shoulder can be difficult.
Occupational Therapy helps individuals regain their mobility and physiological capacities by assisting them with meaningful activities. People are proven to recover faster and more effectively when engaged in exercise and trained evocatively. Our Occupational Therapist will develop a unique, individualized treatment program that may include:
- Adaptive equipment and assistive devices usage training
- Exercises, massage, and/or use of modalities to decrease pain and swelling
- Functional Posture and Body Mechanics
- Range of motion exercises
- Splinting to support your injury
- Strengthening exercises
- Wound and skin care
Treatment will also include education about the cause and anatomy of your injury. Finally, your participation in your treatment will bring out the best result.
For services or more information, please contact us at 651-470-9549 / TTY/TDD: 1-800-627-3529.